Subject: Re: Curtains
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 10:48:29 -0400

Not for nothing but this is one of the simplist things to re-create.

First, using sketch, make a snake like line in the top view. Next extrude it
for stage curtains or extrude on a path for other. Next subdivide the
curtains and make triangles. Now you can export to the scene and  use bones
but I personally stay in Modeler and create morph targets of my curtain
moving. 
If you want fancy curtains, make a spline cage of the shape. Save the spline
cage and move the spline the way you want the curtain to move saving each new
position as a morph target. Next patch all the spline cages you saved one at
a time and re-save them as the real mprph targets. Splines are much easier to
move for organic or something like curtains. I only wish that LW would
auotpatch the splines.
OHH don't forget to remove the spline cage from your model. In the polygon
select mode, hit the "W" key. Select all curves by clicking on the "+" key
with your left mouse button. This wil hightlight the splines and now just cut
them away.

Later,
**********************************************
 Jose Burgos
 JD Media Inc.
 Home of "Into the Light" ([email-masked])
 262 92nd Street
 Brooklyn, NY 11209
 718-836-2821
 [email-masked] 
 Computer Graphic Imagery

*******************************************************

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]